Pontificia Universidad Catolica
- The Effects of Losing Business Group
Affiliation (with Giorgo Sertsios and Francisco Urzua) forthcoming
Review of Financial Studies.
- Destabilizing Financial Advice: Evidence
from Pension Fund Reallocations (with Zhi
Da, Clemens Sialm, and Jose Tessada) forthcoming Review of Financial Studies.
- Investor Protection and Corporate
Control (with Matias Tapia and Francisco Urzua) Journal of Corporate Finance 47
(2017), pp. 174-190.
- Asset Fire Sales in Equity Markets:
Evidence from a Quasi-Natural Experiment (with Daniel Munoz and Jose Tessada) Journal of Financial Intermediation
30 (2017), pp. 71-85. [Appendix]
- What Moves Investment Growth?
(with Long Chen and Zhi Da) Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
48 (2016), pp. 1613-1653.
- Do Business Groups Change with Market
Development? (with Francisco Urzua) Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, 25 (2016),
- The Internal Capital Markets of Business
Groups: Evidence from Intra-Group Loans (with David Buchuk,
Francisco Muñoz, and Francisco Urzua) Journal of Financial Economics, 112 (2014), pp. 190-212.
- Controlling Shareholders and Market
Timing in Share Issuance (with Francisco Urzua) Journal of Financial Economics
109 (2013), pp. 661-681.
- Ownership Dynamics with Large
Shareholders: An Empirical Analysis (with Marcelo Donelli,
and Francisco Urzua) Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis
48 (2013), pp. 579-609.
- Equity Issues and Return Volatility
(with Felipe Varas) Review of
Finance 17 (2013), p. 767-808.
- CEO Compensation and Large Shareholders:
Evidence from Emerging Markets (with Francisco Gallego) Journal of Comparative Economics 40 (2012), p. 621-642.
- World Betas, Consumption Growth, and
Financial Integration Journal of International Money and
Finance 30 (2011), p.
- Stock Market Development and
Cross-Country Differences in Relative Prices Review of Economics and Statistics 92 (2010), p. 784-797. [Appendix]
- Do IPOs Affect the Prices of Other Stocks?
Evidence from Emerging Markets (with Matias Braun) Review of Financial Studies 22 (2009), p. 1505-1544.
- Does Firm Value Move Too Much to be
Justified by Subsequent Changes in Cash Flow? (with Motohiro
Yogo) Journal of Financial Economics 87 (2008), p. 200-226. [Data]
- Do Banks Affect the Level and Composition
of Industrial Volatility? Journal of Finance 61 (2006), p. 1897-1925.
- Finance and the Business Cycle:
International, Inter-Industry Evidence (with Matias Braun) Journal of Finance 60 (2005), p.